Causes of excessive brush sparks in DC motors
and how to eliminate them
What causes excessive sparks in DC motors?
1. The DC motor is not on the neutral line.
2. Improper voltage force or poor contact with the commutator or electrical abrasion or incorrect electric brand.
3. The surface of the commutator is not smooth or the mica sheet is protruding.
4. The DC motor is overloaded or the power supply voltage is too high.
5, armature winding or magnetic pole winding or commutating pole winding failure.
6. The rotor dynamic balance is not corrected.
1. Adjust the position of the DC motor pole.
2. Adjust the voltage, grind the contact surface with the commutator, and change the power.
3. Grind the surface of the commutator and engraved the mica groove.
4. Reduce DC motor load and power supply voltage.
5. Check the cause separately.
6. Re-correct the rotor dynamic balance.